4 major causes of depression

2022-05-13

Depression is the result of a combination of social, psychological and biological factors. People who have experienced significant adverse life events (eg, unemployment, bereavement, traumatic events) are more likely to develop depression. This seriously affects our life and work. To treat it, we must understand the causes of depression. However, there are various medical theories about the causes of depression, such as genetics and so on. It can be said that there are various kinds, and they all have their own reasons. So do you know how depression is formed?

https://cdn.coolban.com/ehow/Editor/2022-05-12/627d29d3b6c5d.jpg

1. Genetic factor, one of the four major causes

Depression, like many other disorders, tends to run in families. If one of the parents is a patient with depression, the risk of children suffering from the disease will increase by 10%-30%, and the risk is higher. If one identical twin has depression, the other has a 70% chance of having it, greatly increasing the risk, with bipolar depression having a higher genetic factor.

2. The second biochemical factor of the four major causes

When a person has depression, certain brain chemicals called neurotransmitters are usually reduced. It is believed that if there is an imbalance between serotonin and norepinephrine, these two neurotransmitters can cause depression or anxiety. Decreases in serotonin and norepinephrine often lead to depression, decreased motivation, and changes in appetite and libido. Through clinical observation of depression patients, modern science found that 93.2% of the patients had neurosecretory dysfunction in their brains. On this basis, medical experts from various countries have finally determined the onset of depression through a large number of clinical studies. reason.

https://cdn.coolban.com/ehow/Editor/2022-05-12/627d2a4ecdd39.jpg

3. The three character factors of the four major reasons

Some people with more sensitive and suspicious personality traits are more likely to suffer from depression, be pessimistic about things, have low self-confidence, have a poor way of thinking, worry too much or feel almost out of control over life events. People with these personality characteristics will make the stimulation of psychological stress events aggravate, and these personality characteristics are mostly formed because of the greater mental trauma in childhood and adolescence.

4. The fourth of the four major causes of environmental factors and stress factors

Some studies suggest that adverse life events or environmental factors can lead to depression. For example: the departure of a loved one, an accident with a spouse, estrangement from a friend, strained relationships, financial difficulties, or dramatic changes in lifestyle, etc., can all trigger depression. Various major life events occur suddenly or last for a long time, causing unpleasant emotional experiences. The stronger and longer the emotional experience, the greater its pathogenic effect.

Sometimes the occurrence of depression is also related to physical factors, such as stroke, heart attack, hormone disorders, etc., which often lead to depression and aggravate the original disease. In addition, one-third of people with depression have substance abuse problems.

https://cdn.coolban.com/ehow/Editor/2022-05-12/627d2b004dbca.jpg

Regardless of the depression caused by several reasons or factors, we should have a correct understanding and understanding, treat the disease positively, and maintain a good attitude, so that the disease will stay away from us. If we truly understand the causes of depression, we can do more accurate and proper prevention, prevent micro-disorders, stay away from disease, and get closer to health. If depression is found, it should be treated as soon as possible, and the effect will be great. Cooperating with the doctor will be of great help in the treatment of depression.

--end--